Subject: Re: AJB wake up in car application

Re: AJB wake up in car application

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 15:38:06 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de wrote:

> So, will this be included to any future daily or official build or do I need
> to compile my "own" Rockbox ?

There is no exact science or written protocol how this works.

In general it proceeds something like this:

1. The patch is posted to the patch tracker.

2. The patch is discussed on the mailing lsit. This is important, so that we
   get a feel about the general opinion about the specific patch/fix/feature.

3. The patch gets updated a couple of times to address comments/feedback in
   the list and in the tracker.

4. Then, it takes for someone with commit access to actually get time and
   energy to pull down the patch, apply it to their own source tree and do the
   commit. This is of course the step that is required for the patch to end
   up in the official package, but due to the limited amount of developers
   (with a limited amount of time) that tend to do this task a patch can very
   well be sitting in the tracker for a good while before it happens. During
   that time, the only way to use this patch is to build your own Rockbox from
   source with this patch applied.