Subject: RE: Genres redux
From: Jake Wilcox (ohbejake_at_earthlink.net)
Date: 2004-03-26

Like you, I've given a lot of thought to things like song versions. I'm
actually so anal about it that I have my own song naming and tagging
conventions all laid out. My family and friends make fun of me, but at least
I'll have my music when they finally throw me in the bin!

Song title versions are notated parenthetically in the title area. So, part
of my Neil Diamond folder looks like this:

Shilo (New Version) - Neil Diamond.mp3
Shilo (Old Version) - Neil Diamond.mp3

-or-

The Thunder Rolls - Garth Brooks.mp3
The Thunder Rolls (Live At Central Park) - Garth Brooks.mp3

There are one or two albums that I care about listening to the tracks in
order...the Beatles' Abbey Road is an example. In that case, though, the
album gets its own playlist with things arranged according to track number
so I don't have to break my naming convention.