Subject: Re: Gcc woes
From: Nix (
Date: 2004-03-26

On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Tom Norris moaned:
> I don't know if it's just me (probably) or gcc, but I can't get the stupid thing to compile. I have tried on two different
> machines, one is an AMD thunderbird machine running SuSE Linux 2.4.40, and one is a Intel P3 running FreeBSD 5.1
> I keep getting the following error:
> gcc: ../libiberty/libiberty.a: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [cc1] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kaboofa/rockbox/gcc/gcc-3.0.4/gcc'
> make: *** [install-gcc] Error 2
> using gcc 3.0.4 and binutils 2.11

What does the output further up, where libiberty is being built, look
like? (That's the first hundred lines or so after `make'.)

`The game proceeds with people picking up cards in turn, and every so
 often this is punctuated with a church council when everyone goes mad
 and starts yelling and playing cards at each other and persecuting and
 making deals.' --- Jo Walton on _Credo_