Subject: Re: voice UI step 4 now has talkbox, and more
From: Rocker (rocker_at_shaw.ca)
Date: 2004-03-27

Goodnight my friend...rocker

----- Original Message -----
From: "[IDC]Dragon" <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 5:46 PM
Subject: voice UI step 4 now has talkbox, and more

Hi,

Friday seems to become my implementation day...
Just committed the next step, mostly introducing talkbox into the mainline
cvs. I didn't really use the existing patch because of various shortcomings,
it was rather a re-implementation of the functionality. I skipped the
thumbnail clip recording part, this has to find a place with the upcoming
F-key
overhaul. (I prefer TTS anyway)

Remember the .vbs script to automatically generate all the directory
thumbnail clips with text-to-speech, that is _very_ useful.

There is a voice menu now under General Settings. It also containes the
long-awaited enable/disable of the talking menus. Other options are for how
directories and files are "voiced". I picked up a new idea, an option to
have them
spoken as numbers. So you even hear directories when not having the full set
of thumbnail clips. For files, the numbers are currently the only option (no
spelling).

I have updated the voice file in my webspace to contain the latest menu
entries and vocabulary.

More later, need to sleep,
Jörg