Subject: Re: voice UI step 4 now has talkbox, and more

Re: voice UI step 4 now has talkbox, and more

From: <jamesdurant_at_sc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 23:17:46 -0600

It's amazing what you guys have done. It absolutely rocks. I have one question/request. I like to use the "while hovering" option to read the directories. It is very hard to scroll down to the folder/artist/album I want b/c the hard drive is constantly being accessed for the .dirname.mp3 while the scroll marker is moving downward. I wish there was maybe a quarter second/half second delay/user defined time period before reading the directory name. This way when the marker pauses for a very short period over a directory the directory would be read, instead of every folder being read as the marker is just passing over. Hardeeps added this feature to the original talkbox patch and it helped me alot. Thanks, James