Subject: Re: Not reading genres
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-03-27

Jean Boullier wrote:
> You have not given details but I assumed that it would be
> simply showing the string which is there, without trying to interpret
> anything, which is actually where the jungle begins.

It's a little more complicated than that. The source code tells it all.

> Anyway, the sad point is that I have tried the 20040326 build and that I
> do not see a difference for my "simple" TCON tags.Genre is still saying
> "no info".

I received a file from Charles Sweet, with a TCON tag like this:

TCON
$00 $00 $00 $0c
$00 $00
$00 "Electronica"

This was parsed incorrectly, but works after my fix. I'd like you to
send me a file as well, so I can test it.

Linus