Subject: Re: voice UI step 4 now has talkbox, and more

Re: voice UI step 4 now has talkbox, and more

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:45:19 -0500

Karl Tinsley wrote:

>> The most time consuming part is to make all the files.
>> I can e-mail the program to you, and it will run as a demo until you
>> install
>> the key.
>

> Thanks, Glenn. I went ahead and downloaded Text Aloud. I'm still stumped
> on how I'm going to create the individual text files. According to
> Windows Explorer, I have well over 1000 directories.
>
> Since they will already recurse through directories, or create
> individual files from a text list, I wonder if it would be possible to
> modify Brian's scripts to use the ATT voice program instead of the
> microsoft speech api.
>
> Thanks for your help and I welcome any other suggestions from you or
> anyone else.

I think the newly tweaked script will let you use any installed voice
accessible in the control panel - it does not attempt to specify a
voice, so it defaults to your personal settings. See the other post in
this thread, or just grab it here:

http://mysite.verizon.net/brian.wolven/Rockbox/Talkbox.zip

It'll take a little chunk of CPU time to run on a large music
collection, but it's a single drag and drop operation.