Subject: Re: Using different voices to record directory names is possible
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-03-27

Aman Singer wrote:

> Hi, Brian.
> What I've been doing, and this is with no knowledge whatever of
> Vbscript, is just to replace your line in your old script
> LameOpts = "-m m -b 24 -S" ' --resample 16"
> With
> LameOpts = "-m m --vbr-new -t --nores -S" ' Joerg's new settings
> It seems to work, though it still requires the speak.exe file.
> Aman

That will provide you with the same output, then. The new version has
the changed lame params, and uses the default voice, just like speak.exe
did. You just don't need speak.exe anymore with the new version, as the
vbscript-SAPI handles it all internally. The voice clips should be
identical with either setup.