Subject: Re: How Rockbox generates Unicode file name?
Date: 2004-03-28

>> There is a unicode2iso() function and then the file or directory
>> name is saved in iso characters. After that I got lost. I couldn't
>> find the part where Rockbox generates unicode name when creating a
>> file in situations like create playlist or create bookmark. Is there
>> something like an iso2unicode function for generating unicode file
>> name?
>The write_long_name() function writes the long file name to the
>directory entry. However, the file name entry function and all internal
>file names uses the Latin-1 charset, so there is no need for an
>iso2unicode() function, since Latin-1 is the first page of the unicode

I am still a little confused how Rockbox deals with long names of other
western char? My understand is that all Rockbox internal funtion use
shortname, which might use different code pages for different languages.
When creating files,like creating playlist, rockbox searches the long name
(unicode name), copies and rewrites to the new record. Then I don't
know why when writing "entry[]" in write_long_name(), Rockbox pad leading
bytes with 0x00. What's inside "name[]" ? Are they all unicode trailing
bytes long name?

Please excuse me if my question is not clear