Subject: RE: 8MB memory chip available
From: Jake Wilcox (
Date: 2004-03-28

I'll buy one. The payment will come from jkwwlcx@????.com.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On
Behalf Of Tianying Tenry Fu
Sent: Saturday, March 27, 2004 10:08 PM
Subject: 8MB memory chip available

I found an old notebook memory module which uses 4Mx16
EDO memory chips. The memory chip is Hitachi
HM5165165ATT6. I then purchased a SMD rework station
and use hot air gun to desolder the chips. I've
successfully upgraded my recorder V2 to 8MB memory
now, although this cost me $300+ for the equiptment,
really expensive upgrade. :-(

Here's a photo of the memory chip:

and datasheet for HM5165165 chip:

Here's a photo of my recorder V2 right now, still
waiting for a 40GB hdd to arrive:

I still have a few chips available, if anyone is
interested, I will sell them for $8 shipped. Sorry
ship to US only for now. All chips are guaranteed
working. I can not guarantee you will not break your
archos jukebox though.

My paypal address is, no
credit card accepted.

Do you Yahoo!?