Subject: ATA Reading Performance?
From: jamesdurant_at_sc.rr.com
Date: 2004-03-29

My rockbox has everything i could ever ask for! I'm so amazed at y'all's work.
I was just wondering if the ATA reading performance tweaks that were taken out in February are available as a patch? Have the problems been attributed to having a slow spinup time (440 ns) or was it Disk Poweroff stuff that made a? Would it be safe to use on faster drives and how has it been working on your disks if you've been using the "turbocharged" code? Here is my hard disk info if it is needed....
HITACHI_DK23EA-60

PIO Modes
0 1 2 3 4

spinup time: 0 ns