Subject: RE: New sound test
From: Mark Bright (
Date: 2004-03-29

As I mentioned before, I can notice some difference between Archos and
Rockbox, but am not a "Fully Paid Up" Audiophile... So, my opinion, for what
it's worth :

Using the "Super Bass" option in the sound test menu with a stereo
separation between 0.82:0.18 and 0.86:0.14 gives a sound that is very
similar to the Archos firmware on my FMR.

I find it quite difficult to compare at times, when in the debug menu, as
you cannot rewind and replay the same section quickly... It's one area
where an A-B repeat function would be useful.

BTW: Does the MAS get the same "Default" configuration by Archos across the
whole range of hardware? Ie Recorder, V2 Recorder, Studio etc?