Subject: Re: a headphone question
From: Bio Hazard (
Date: 2004-03-31

the SP will fit either way as the band is shiftable (i myself like it at
45degrees back)

i dug up my old SP set last night and soldered it back together and i must
say... i forgot what sound really SOUNDED like...

with my cheap coby set, i need to crank all the eq settings up to make it
sound good (B=9 T=12 L=9 BB=50) and the max volume before clipping was 85%
with the SP i only need B=0 T=12 L=9 BB=0 and i can drive the bass up to 12
and loudness up to 17 and play some thumping with no clipping even at V=92%,
but the treble is a little lacking...

basicly if you want LOTS of bass but dont care too much about the treble, go
for the SP

does the PP have the shiftable band like the SP? and (to anyone that might
know...) what makes the PP cost $20 more than the SP? they look the same to
me... more hi-frequency capabillity perhaps? (im trying to decide wether to
go with a new SP or PP)