Subject: My OT question
From: c0utta fish (
Date: 2004-03-31

Thanks for everyone's input regarding my question about recording streams.
Sorry it developed into a flame war but it's good that people have opinions.

In any case, I tried all the options suggested and also found some of my
own. ASFRecorder together with a Windows Scheduled Task was one that I came
up with, and if only WinAmp would have taken more command line parameters I
probably would have chosen that. I also looked at a German product, but the
name escapes me. I was willing to pay for this functionality, so price
really didn't come into it.
Actually, StreamboxVCR wasn't to bad, even though it was a bit dated. It
would have been one hell of a product had they not been scared off.

I ended up choosing NetTransport2 because it did had the core functionality
I required - thanks to cb for the link to The
product is also a generalised download manager too which helped to sway my
opinion. I also admit that I have a soft spot for tragedy and the download
page states that the developer's father was killed in bus accident last

Thanks again,

Find love today with ninemsn personals. Click here: