Subject: Re: My OT question

Re: My OT question

From: Neon John <johngd_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 10:47:30 -0500

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:14:31 +0930, "c0utta fish" <c0utta_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I ended up choosing NetTransport2 because it did had the core functionality
>I required - thanks to cb for the link to http://www.xi-soft.com/. The
>product is also a generalised download manager too which helped to sway my
>opinion. I also admit that I have a soft spot for tragedy and the download
>page states that the developer's father was killed in bus accident last
>week.

What kind of stuff have you gotten NetTransport to grab? I have yet to have
any luck with it on streaming media. Stuff that VCR grabs right up prompts
one error message or another.

BTW, if you get that StreamBox suite that is mentioned on that chat site that
was recently referenced, you'll get several different versions. I have been
using the original beta for oh, 5+ years. The latest revision contained in
that suite is much more functional.

Another program you might want to grab is URLSnooper. Also mentioned on that
chat site. IT does a very good job of sniffing out the real streaming URL in
and amongst all the diversions now being put in streaming media references.

John

---
John De Armond
johngdDONTYOUDARE_at_bellsouth.net