Subject: Re: archos as a cd changer
From: Fernando Birra (fpb_at_di.fct.unl.pt)
Date: 2004-03-31

Hi,

I've started from the Alpine M-BUS plugin from Jörg and modified it to
interact with the IBUS used in BMW cars. So now, I have an Archos "CD
Changer" in my car...

The code from Jörg is very good (what else could we expect) and it already
addresses most of the stuff you mention like hardware interrupts and
queueing of request. I used a playlist approach to the emulation. For now I
am simulating 6 discs (the radio only has 6 direct access buttons) using 6
playlists stored at the root folder, called DISC1.M3U through DISC6.M3U. If
you take a look at the code in the apps directory called playlist.c you will
find most of the code you need to start, shuffle, create, etc playlists. In
my emulator I process the messages coming from the bus directly instead of
using a gateway like you intend to do.

If you want we could further discuss this topic using e-mail.

Kind regards
Fernando Birra

PS. I will make the code available to all those interested. It is just that
there are still some quite ugly piece of code in there and a bunch of bugs.