Subject: What do I have here and how can I use it?
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-04-01

Hi, all.
        I'm scratching my head over a few things. First, I just bought an
Archos recorder, and am somewhat unsure whether it's V2 or not. How can I
tell, by touch if possible? It's silver with blue bumpers, uses an a-Mini B
USB connection (as opposed to my old archos which uses A-A), and is
certainly a recorder. It has both an on and off button, and a square pad of
separated buttons with what may be called the select/play button in the
middle. Does this ring any bells in anyone's mind?
        Secondly, when I attach the unit to the USB port on my XP system, it
doesn't show any extra drives in control panel. There aren't any other
devices, and it's not showing up in "other devices" in device manager, or on
the screen of Partition magic. The drive, however, is spinning while the
unit is connected to the USB port. Note that the machine has not asked for
new drivers. Any ideas as to how this could be fixed?
        Thanks.
        Aman