Subject: LI-ion battery FAQ
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-04-02

Hi, all.
        As I have this V2, almost by inadvertence, I'm wondering about it's
battery. I have gone through the archives, and have found some answers,
though not with the amount of specificity and detail I'm after.
        First, how long does it take the li-ion battery to charge, and how
long does it play for generally?
        Secondly, I know it takes longer to charge the battery via USB, but
how much longer? Is it normal/desirable to have the drive constantly
spinning when the unit is on USB?
        Thirdly, how does flashing effect charging on these hardware units?
I read, in the archives, that some FM owners were having a hard time with
the charging when the unit was flashed. Has this been straightened out?
        Fourthly, is there anything I can do to prevent the swelling and
breakage people have reported with this battery?
        Thanks as always, and sorry to ask so many questions. If someone has
a battery FAQ for these units, I'd love to read it.
        Aman