Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox clips (was Re: Installing Talkbox)
From: Jens Arnold (
Date: 2004-04-02

> Several people have asked if we should better use a different
> extension for the current ".dirname.mp3" files, to avoid them
> getting treated like regular mp3s in whatever actions.

> I'd like to hear some opinions about it, whether this is too
> established already, or if we can/should change it.

I'd prefer to keep the .mp3 extension since it _is_ an .mp3 file
after all. No need for an additional cryptic extension here, and
it should make no difference in excluding it from playlist
generation anyways, because its name is always ".dirname.mp3"

In Rockbox itself it is hidden anyway unless you set "show
files" to "all", and if some dumb program on the PC doesn't let
you exclude it by name, it could help to set the "hidden" file
attribute additionally.

Regards, Jens