Subject: Requests for talkbox
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-04-02

Hi, all.
        I have three requests for Talkbox, if I may put them forward. The
developers are, of course, at perfect liberty to ignore them entirely. I
throw them out for discussion, and am perfectly aware that they may not be
implementable, or may be painful to implement. They are in no particular
order.
        First, I'd like a battery level indicator, or a battery low
indicator. This could be a percentage, some sort of scale, or anything else,
just as long as one can know when the batteries are low and when they're
fully charged.
        Secondly, I'd like to see the f2 and f3 menus spoken. This isn't
vital by any means, but would simply be nice.
        Thirdly, I'd like to be able to set and use bookmarks. I'm not
really sure whether this is a problem with the user or the machine as, every
time I hit enter on "create bookmark", I'm simply returned to it. The same
happens when I use "list bookmarks" and "recent bookmarks". It's not,
unfortunately, mentioned in the manual.
        Thanks.
        Aman