Subject: Re: voice file generation (Re: english.voice using AT&T Natural Voices)
From: Daniel Gudlat (gudlat_at_web.de)
Date: 2004-04-02

Jörg wrote:
> I don't know about if and how this MS speech stuff is supposed to work under
> Win98. It's included in W2k and XP, really nice voices need 3rd party
> add-ons (AT&T).

On the link to the MSAgent/SAPI downloads at the Microsoft site someone
posted here a few days ago, it said Win95/98/Me/2000/XP as the minimum
requirements. I downloaded all the stuff, installed it, but no go. Might
be 98lite interfering or something else entirely, who knows...

To add insult to injury, not only does it not work correctly, you can't
uninstall it either. Bah!

> For the german (or any other language) part, the german.lang file needs to
> be synced for those voice: entries. As a first shot, all the used ones (which
> have a content in the english file) can be set to the display string. That's
> how I did, with some editor macros. This is a good basis for updating them to
> no abbreviations, etc. thereafter.

After a quick look into the english.lang and deutsch.lang files, it
seems that the German is lagging somewhat behind the English (336
entries vs. 400). So *if* and *when* I get to this, I'll probably also
bring deutsch.lang up to date, but as I said, that's a big IF.

Greetings,

--
Daniel Gudlat