Subject: JBRV2 and no speech
From: arnaud de Bonald / Netcava BBS (
Date: 2004-04-02

Hello friend.

I follow your list since afew days.
I'm also blind.
I have just purchased an used V2 recorder and installed Rockbox
(latest build) with the english.voice file in the .rockbox\langs

but.... it doesn't speak at all.

I can switch my toy on, hear the disk speening and then I can press
What I think is the f3 key which start the FM tuner.
if I press the stop it , it simply stop it.

But any other key don't give any feedback so far.

btw.... the strange thing is that the manual on the CDrom with the
unit is the one for the FM Recorder.

Arnaud de Bonald - Paris, France - Sysop Netcava BBS