Subject: Re: JBRV2 and no speech

Re: JBRV2 and no speech

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 12:06:07 -0500

arnaud de Bonald / Netcava BBS wrote:

> Hello friend.
>
> I follow your list since afew days.
> I'm also blind.
> I have just purchased an used V2 recorder and installed Rockbox
> (latest build) with the english.voice file in the .rockbox\langs
> directory.
>
> but.... it doesn't speak at all.
>
> I can switch my toy on, hear the disk speening and then I can press
> What I think is the f3 key which start the FM tuner.
> if I press the stop it , it simply stop it.
>
> But any other key don't give any feedback so far.

Hmmm, I don't recall what the default settings are for the Voice UI, as
I've messed about with them so much now, and I have a few configuration
files that I load for various places and features. Perhaps they are
simply turned off and need to be activated?

You do hear mp3's and the FM tuner fine, correct? So it's not a general
output problem?