Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox clips (was Re: Installing Talkbox)
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-04-02

Jens Arnold wrote:

>>True for rockbox, but when the box is used as an external
>>drive ? It confuses The GodFather (trying to automagicaly
>>update the tags), Winamp...
> For The Godfather it helps to set the "hidden" file attribute as
> I suggested (even if you've set Windows explorer to show hidden
> files. Don't know about Winamp in that case since I don't
> use it. I use DeliPlayer, and there it is possible to define
> even very complex file reject patterns (via regexp).

There does not appear to be any such filtering option in winamp v2.9x -
just selection by extension. I haven't tried any of the higher version
numbers. Foobar also supports extension filtering, but ignores the '.'
prefix, AFAICT.

Is there any real reason *not* to change the extension of talkbox files,
though? It seems like a lot more work making everyone jump through hoops
to avoid loading or playing these in PC based applications - especially
since not all of them (including some very popular ones) offer that