Subject: single pass .rvf video conversion with DirectShow filter
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-04-02

it's implementation friday again!

Since a while, I have been working on a way to convert videos to .rvf
directly in one step, quick and without any preprocessing/scaling, etc. It is a
DirectShow renderer, consuming YUV video and MPEG audio which the rest of the
infrastructure (the regular demux/decoders for media files) can provide. My
component does the scaling, halftoning and the multiplexing. No HD spilled with
big temporary files, and more variety of media to use as a source.

This code is now moving for the first time, you can try my alpha version in
a sneak preview:
(fresh off the bench, no guarantee that it'll work for you, don't complain
too loud)

You will find a readme file there explaining the rest, how to use it with
the "GraphEdit" test application from the MS DirectX9 SDK. I have included that
there, so you don't have to download the whole SDK from Microsoft. ;-)

I'd welcome a volunteer who makes a conversion application around this. It's
not difficult, some COM interfaces can tie such a graph together. John?

Have fun,

100% Virenerkennung nach Wildlist. Infos: