Subject: Re: Is it still not advisable to turn off with one single press of stop?
From: Brian Wolven (
Date: 2004-04-03

Aman Singer wrote:

> Hi, All.
> In the help for the JBRS, meant to be taken on those units, it says:
> "OFF: Quick press: End current function
> Hold: Switch off the Jukebox (not advised while an MP3 is playing, i.e.
> without first stopping playback)"
> Is this still so and, if it is, what happens when I do this? I did
> it once before reading this. Is there any way to remove any damage that's
> been done?

The worry there is that you might force the hardware to shut down while
the disk is spinning, e.g., if it was reading the next chunk of a song
into the buffer just when you stopped it. If you hit 'stop' or 'pause',
and then wait a bit, until any disk access is definitely finished, you
can then press and hold 'off' without any worries.