Subject: sapi 4 and 5, + bookmarks accessibility
From: Cristian (cguiducci_at_gostec.net)
Date: 2004-04-03

hi all,
For the dirname clips, I wanted to use one of the available italian voices, since most of my folders' names are in Italian, and it would be much easier to understand them.

I'm currently working under win 2000, and can boot to xp too. I installed for instance "viavoice" Ibm, or LH, but they are all sapi 4, and cannot be used by georg's fantastic script. Or... better: Under 2000, if I launch Narrator, from (start, run, "narrator", I cann choose all of these voices, but I don't have anything in my controll pannel, and the script uses sam. I installed sapi 5 from Microsoft, it installed mary and an other nice voice, it put a applet called speech in my controll pannel, but there, I cannot select my sapi 4 synthesizers.

Under xp as well, these voices are available for other applications, but they don't appear in the control pannel.

Or perhaps, can I specify the name of my Italian sapi 4 TTS? and, how can I find it's internal name?

Thanks in advance!

p.s. as to what Aman suggested for the bookmarks, I think that for blinds a beep would be appreciable when bookmarking, if in pause mode, and, for the bookmark-list, without the nead to read all the informations on the screen, a number would be enough for each bookmark.

Thanks georg, Linus and all the others indeed!