Subject: Re: sapi 4 and 5, + bookmarks accessibility
From: Cristian (cguiducci_at_gostec.net)
Date: 2004-04-04

Brian wrote:
>'It appears that SAPI 4 is also installed on your system. Please use this button to launch the SAPI 4 control panel.'

I rememberd such a button from last year, but now neither on my xp or under my win 2000, with both sapi 4 and 5 installed I have such button! any Ideas? is there a tool from microsoft that reinstalls sapi 4 and five together? Or some procedure that can resuscitate the "sapi 4 button"?

As for the script Georg, is it not possible to select the voice manually changing a line in the script? let's say, for IBM ViaVoice, That has 3 voices at different frequences and pitches, how can I select the right one? Under 2000 I can use and select them all using Narrator.

Someone advised me to download the LH synthesis, OK, I had done it already, but they are all sapi4. And, to my knowledge, no sapi 5 synthesis is available for Italian.

         Thanks!

                         Cristian