Subject: Re: single pass .rvf video conversion with DirectShow filter

Re: single pass .rvf video conversion with DirectShow filter

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 2004 13:03:08 +0200 (MEST)

> I tried it and the audio is there but there is some beeping sounds of
> various tones. The video conversion was a snap. My video source came from
> my Tivo and was an mpeg file.

MPEG should be no problem. What does your graph look like, which object
besides source and sink are there?

> Tivo's audio uses a 32khz sample rate I'm
> not sure if that's the problem.

Shoudn't. My sink should be able to eat any MPEG audio, Level 1, 2, 2.5, 3.

> I tried to use the lame encoder but it didn't
> want to fit in place.

If your file has MPEG audio already, you won't need it. But you could use it
to recompress. Try opening the blank GraphEdit, drag your file on it. There
should appear a graph then which can play audio and video, check it. Then you
can remove the audio and video renderer, insert my sink and Lame. Connect my
sink to the loose video end, the audio end to the Lame input (using the
mouse, drag a line from output to input). The Lame output goes to my audio input.

> Any ideas of what I should try?

Can you make (a part of) that file available to me? Either upload it
somewhere, or email me the first megabyte or so of it.

Jörg