Subject: Voice UI, browsing faster
From: Cristian (
Date: 2004-04-04

Other small idea.

I just noticed that if i enter a root with 12 folders, if I hover up and down, just making up my mind, each time rockbox rereads the dirnames.mp3 from the disk. Wouldnt it possible to eliminate this, by storing all the .dirname.mp3 files of a path in the buffer, as it happens with the graphical interface, and spinn down the disk? And, continue to put everything in the buffer until browsing, so that if I decide to enter a folder and exit again, My disk remains static. The buffer could than be emptied when pressing play on a mp3 file. I suggested this, because I noticed that some times I browse abit before deciding which song or alboom to play, and I suppose this is not just a nusty habbit of mine!