Subject: Linux scripts for voice generation and directory voicing
From: Daniel Gudlat (gudlat_at_web.de)
Date: 2004-04-04

Hi everybody,

I've uploaded linux shell scripts for generating the voice file from the
english.lang file and for generating the .dirname.mp3 clips to the patch
tracker. They are patches #929298 and #929296.

The both need Festival and Lame installed, and generating the voice font
also needs Jörg's wavtrim and voicefont utilities which compile without
problem under linux.

Please have a look, give them a spin, and let me know how they work.

PS: The best Festival voice I've found so far is the arctic_slt voice
from HST, which can be found searching from festvox.org. The HST voices
also need Perl and Sox (sox.sf.net) installed to work.

Greetings,

--
Daniel Gudlat