Subject: Re: new voice features: spelling, file extensions
From: Daniel Gudlat (gudlat_at_web.de)
Date: 2004-04-04

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> Since we have the internal voice ID split know, I can afford to introduce
> more voice-only clips.
> So here's something new:
> - file numbes get the extension added, if it's a known one,
>
> Needless to say the new clips require a voice file update:
> http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/speech/voicefont/

You're moving fast! The problem with this is that the festival-generated
voice file already needed the --nores option removed from the lame
parameters, as otherwise it was about 100K bigger than Mary, and this is
making the voice files even bigger...

Anyone know how to make the mp3 clips smaller without noticeable loss in
quality? I'd like to re-introduce --nores, but we'd have to make the
.wav source files smaller for this, I guess.

Greetings,

--
Daniel Gudlat