Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: new voice features: spelling, file extensions
From: Glenn Ervin at Home (GlennErvin_at_cableone.net)
I downloaded this latest one, and I got no voice.
I was able to play music, so it was definitely something with the file.
Could it be a bug, or has everyone had luck with this build?
I am also wondering if it may have developed a corruption during the
----- Original Message -----
From: "[IDC]Dragon" <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Sent: Sunday, April 04, 2004 2:39 PM
Subject: new voice features: spelling, file extensions
Since we have the internal voice ID split know, I can afford to introduce
more voice-only clips.
So here's something new:
- file numbes get the extension added, if it's a known one,
- a spelling mode for files and directories.
Spelling is kind of annoing, but an ultimate fallback. Next I probably get
requests to spell not in general, but by the touch of a hotkey. I'm
that now, until the configurable menus are coming. (same goes for talkbox
Needless to say the new clips require a voice file update:
Again, rename the one you want to use.
- your dir/file voice settings get shifted by the introduction of spelling,
check these again
- spelling items longer than 50 chars gives weird wraparounds
- spelling says only chars and digits, +/-/. No special chars, no pause for
space or underscore.
Hope this is useful,
+++ NEU bei GMX und erstmalig in Deutschland: TÜV-geprüfter Virenschutz +++
100% Virenerkennung nach Wildlist. Infos: http://www.gmx.net/virenschutz
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew