Subject: Battery charging bug in 040404
From: Cristian (cguiducci_at_gostec.net)
Date: 2004-04-05

Hi,
        I'm using the AJB recorder 20, originally flashed with version 2.2, and
now flashed with 040404ukl file.
        When I plug the unit, it waights for 40 50 seconds, and it starts charging,
whatever the level of my batteries. The numerical indicator displays 5,69 V,
which I suppose it's enough for my 4 ni-mh batteries. The percentage
indicator always starts from 1 percent, and the charging modus indicated is
"charging, not trickle charging. As a metter of fact, If I disconnect the
unit, I only get a "?" in my battery, and it never changes. If on the other
end, I switch it off and on again unplagged, After 40 seconds I realize, as
I expected from the voltage, that my batteries are full.
        How come in charging mode the charging process is shown to be at 1%? I
wouldn't like to damage my set of batteries, though I think I will replace
them soon with a better 2000 mha set.

I should perhaps write possible bug, since it's my first time with
"rockbox-charging"! And the batteries don't get particularly hot.

Thanks,

           Cristian.