Subject: Re: bugs in latest cvs as of 4/4/04

Re: bugs in latest cvs as of 4/4/04

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 13:05:04 +0200 (MEST)

> > > Found a few small bugs in 4/4/04 CVS. First, if voice directories is
> > > set to while hovering, you cannot turn the unit off if you press the
> > > off key it just wants to play the .dirname.mp3 over again.
> >
> > You turn it off by pressing Off longer. Just tapping it says the
> talkbox
> > clip again, a side effect, but is this bad?
>
> Holding off longger did not seem to help (fm build), but if I changed
> >from hover to numbers it worked!

I've tried with an FM this morning, worked as expected for me. Tapping Off
repeats the clip, holding longer shuts it down. How can this behave different,
power-off is a hardware feature, IIRC?

> > > The settings loaded prompt is not voiced at all.
> >
> > As many other things. There is no code to do so. Is this important?

> I thought all strings in language files were voiced, it would be good
> to get as many things as are displayed on screen as possible to be
> voiced.

No, only the menu settings have content in the voice file. We're short of
space there, already. With the current extras (numbers, units, spell-chars) I
had to give up the 32 kHz sampling rate. This would have been nice for the
digital out, because it doesn't work below. But I can't compress it enough to
fit it with such a high sample rate.

Jörg