Subject: Re: Hardware question about the ADC
From: Andreas Stemmer (groovingandi_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-04-06

> I have a JBR15, and I have read that the A-D Converter was limited at
> 15kHz.
> 15kHz is the max frequency it can convert (so its sample rate is only
> 7.5kHz) or its sample rate (so it can convert sond up to 30kHz) ?
> And is it possible to change it (for a 48kHz or 44.1kHz one), or it is
> embedded in the MAS ?

The MAS chip integrates AD converter and MP3 encoder. The converter itself
can convert up to 48kHz, so all common sample rates are possible. The
limitiation mentionend in the FAQ is an analog filter before the AD converter with a
edge frequency of about 15kHz. But I think most people won't notice...

Andreas