Subject: Re: single pass .rvf video conversion with DirectShow filter

Re: single pass .rvf video conversion with DirectShow filter

From: Bob Pearse <bob_at_bobpearse.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 15:11:24 -0700

This new .rvf DirectX filter is GREAT! I dumped a Simpsons episode from
my DishPlayer 7200 PVR using Dishrip (DishPlayer is a PVR that records
satellite shows for Dish Network). Dishrip outputs in .mpeg, so I just
took the dumped file, ran it into Elecard demux and MPEG2 decoder, and
into .rvf filter. Audio went straight from demux to .rvf. The output
plays perfectly on my Archos Recorder 20. Exceptional quality, and very
easy. Only downside was the conversion took a bit of time (about 4
minutes for this 30 minute show), so some sort of ability to 'batch'
convert a bunch of files overnight would be great.

But for now, this is wonderful. Nice job!