Subject: Fall back method for directories with no .dirname.mp3
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-04-08

Hi, all, and particularly to Jörg.
        I was just playing a few files a second ago, and stumbled across my
recordings folder which, since it's new since I did a directory labelling
operation, is merely called "folder 8" rather than recordings, even though I
have my directories on hover. To have something spoken when none .dirnamed
directories are crossed is an excellent idea. It shows that the button is
pressed and I will, after entering folder 8, know that it's the recordings
directory for next time. However, it would be even better if the directories
that have no .dirname.mp3, instead of being spoken as numbers, were to be
spelled. That is, instead of saying folder 8, the recordings directory,
which has no .dirname, could be
        r e c o r d I n g s
        The code is definitely there to do this, as directories can be
spelled by selecting the spell option in the voice menus. Would using spell
as a fall-back method be possible?
        Aman