Subject: multilingual voice UI
From: arnaud (
Date: 2004-04-08

I'd like to know if Rockbox already supports a multilingual voice
interface, like I presume the "language" option for the scrren

This is because I eventually plan to translate in french the voice
I talked to some other blind french friend and they are strongly
interested if the Rockbox can speak french.

so.... , if you can give me some basic information about the process
to create a .voice file.

btw.... there are in french as well as in other european countries
some special characters such as accented characters.
So I don't know if it can affect the interface in some way, but I
suspect it may affect it because we will have to add some more
characters in the voice file for spelling directories etc.

well.... I'm waiting for your suggestions, maybe I should wait a
little bit before to begin to work on this...

Arnaud de Bonald - Paris, France - Sysop Netcava BBS