Subject: Different way of doing talkbox?
From: George Styles (george_at_ripnet.co.uk)
Date: 2004-04-08

I love talkbox, so please dont take this as a critisism of the new functions :)

but, i am increasingly disliking all those dirname.mp3 files everywhere.

Wouldnt it be better to have a .rockbox/words directory, which contained a 'dictionary' of known words, like
the.mp3
streets.mp3

and so on, which are 'stiched' together as needed, with it spelling out missing words,
That was we can have a utility which creates all these files for all needed words, and it would even have a fair chance on new files, provided the files existed.

Say we have
the.mp3
streets.mp3
original.mp3
material.mp3

it would be talked as

the streets original p-i-r-a-t-e material (As pirate.mp3 is missing)

Is it possible to join words in a precise enough way to make it sound good?

I think that once the disk has spun up, and found the directory, it wouldnt take much longer to load 6 files than 1??? am i wrong?

thanks