Subject: Re: Different way of doing talkbox?

Re: Different way of doing talkbox?

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 17:14:54 +0200 (MEST)

> > Hmm, this would sound very robotic, no melody in the sentence. I guess
> you
> > haven't heared the AT&T voices, then?
> > But an interesting idea. Internally, this would require an extra thread
> that
> > loads/bitswaps/plays these words.
> > Depending on the count of words, we have an issue with cluster waste.
>
> The existing VBScript and unix shell scripts could easily be modified to
> create such a list - all words that appear in a directory and or
> filename. I'd have to try it and see how many words that turned out to
> be. More than the current set of letters and numbers used in the spell
> option, that's for sure.

It definitely won't fit into something like the current voice file. But
maybe some kind of caching could be done for it.

I'm afraid the number could be higher than your amount of mp3 files. And we
need a good definition what a "word" is (e.g. delimited by non-alpha chars).
English gives no lower bound on the char count, since "a" and "I" are words.
But not every group of chars makes sense as a word, should rather be spelled.
A collection of digits could form a number then.

The interesting part about it is that also the files could be reasonably
voiced. The bad part is a lack of consistency. When you delete files/dirs, the
words remain. The maximum directory size will give trouble for the "words"
dir, if all are separate.
Probably there's a lot more complications when thinking further about it,
something I'm too lazy right now...

Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL