Subject: Re: Random V2 USB Connection hang up
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-04-08

Jimmy Moore wrote:

> Windows.* is crap. Fact. It is the single most worst piece of software
> ever written. It never works, it always crashes, and is slow, buggy, and
> pretty useless. A beginner probgrammer working alone could write a
> better operating system, without even trying.
>
> Wake up and smell the linux.

Jimmy,

This kind of flamebait is really unnecessary. Most of the people on the
Rockbox development list are experienced, talented, computer hobbyists
and professionals. They know from experience that modern versions of
Windows (2000 & XP) are quite reliable and robust -- regardless of
whether they personally prefer Linux, *BSD, Solaris, or some other OS.
I've got machines at home with boot drives for Windows XP, 2000,
Mandrake Linux, SUSE Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, Lycoris, and Lindows.
They all have their pluses and minuses, but the Windows boxes are no
less stable than the others.

Regards,
   Fred Maxwell