Subject: DirectShow filter GUI
From: John Wunder (
Date: 2004-04-08

Alright, I have what I like to call a "it might work if you're lucky"
version out. I tested it with .avi and .mpg files and it worked with
both. As for anything me. If anyone has trouble with specific
file types, e-mail me a small clip. I'll add support manually. I know
for a fact that it doesn't work with .wmv videos yet, so don't even bother.

I chickened out in the audio...all I did was add a LAME filter to every
single conversion. If it's already mp3 audio it just bypasses it. Not
the most efficient, but I was out of ways to tell otherwise. So
theoretically, either PCM or MP3 audio should work...the problem is, I'm
home...and I left my Recorder at college by accident. And since I added
PCM support after I left, there's no way of me actually testing if it will
work. All I know is that it connects through the Rockbox I
don't see why it wouldn't. Let me know.

Unfortunately, this means you have to download and install both the RvfMux
and LAME filters...even if you're positive the audio is already

It does do batch conversions, plus I added double click support to the
list: double click an item and it'll convert it immediately. If you get
an error in a batch conversion it'll stop, wait for you to hit OK, then
keep going. I'll make that more graceful next version, but as long as you
don't get errors(test all filetypes before doing a huge batch) you'll be

As I said, this is a first version...don't expect much. Let me know of
all errors and I'll get to them as soon as I can.

Old version is still up.