Subject: RE: Resume and directories?
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-04-09

Hi.
        Daniel Gudlat said.

Aman Singer wrote:
> Gajdos_at_metatem.net said
>> On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 at 02:37, Aman Singer wrote:
>>> I'm wondering if it could be made either an option or a change that,
>>> when one stopped a file after a resume, one would be put not in the
>>> root of the drive, but in the directory where the resumed file
>>> resided. Would this be possible?
>>
>> General Settings -> File View -> Follow Playlist -> Yes
>
> Sorry if I wasn't clear on this. The file I'm using isn't in any
> playlist. It's just in a directory and I'm advancing file by file.

Doesn't matter. Even if you only play a single file from a directory,
this is handled internally as a playlist.

Yes, the name of this option is somewhat misleading, but I don't think
anyone has come up with something better yet.

        Thanks to both of you. It works. Very nice.
        It's certainly true that getting a name that both describes this
option's function and doesn't take up the whole LCD might be difficult :)
However, this might be a good addition to the manual. It currently says

        . Follow Playlist
Do you want the dir browser to follow your playlist? If Follow Playlist is
set to
"Yes", you will find yourself in the same directory as the currently playing
file
if you go to the Dir Browser from the WPS. If set to "No", you will stay in
the
same directory as you last were in.

        In addition, it might say
        Note that if this option is set to yes, stopping a file that has
previously been resumed will place you in that file's directory, rather than
the root of the drive.
        Or whatever else the manual writers might think good. Not an
important change, I'll be the first to admit, but searching the manual for
"resume" would have brought it up without asking the list.
        Aman

>> On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 at 02:37, Aman Singer wrote:
>>> I'm wondering if it could be made either an option or a change that,
>>> when one stopped a file after a resume, one would be put not in the
>>> root of the drive, but in the directory where the resumed file
>>> resided. Would this be possible?
>>
>> General Settings -> File View -> Follow Playlist -> Yes
>
> Sorry if I wasn't clear on this. The file I'm using isn't in any
> playlist. It's just in a directory and I'm advancing file by file.

Doesn't matter. Even if you only play a single file from a directory,
this is handled internally as a playlist.

Yes, the name of this option is somewhat misleading, but I don't think
anyone has come up with something better yet.

Greetings,

--
Daniel Gudlat