Subject: RE: Fall back method for directories with no .dirname.mp3
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-04-09

Hi.
        Jörg said
> However, it would be even better if the directories
> that have no .dirname.mp3, instead of being spoken as numbers, were to be
> spelled.

Hmm, isn't that kind of annoying to "regular" talkbox users? I thought this
is too lenghy to be a reasonable fallback.
I'm not too fond of adding another option to specify the desired fallback
(silence, number, spell).
Maybe spell here only if the files have been set to spelling, too? But this
would also contribute to confusion. Hmm, any ideas?

        Perhaps this is a foolish question, but what would be wrong with
putting in an option in the voice menu
        If directory name clip is not present
        and have silence, spell, and numbers. Alternatively, if this is
really bad for some reason, could this be set in the configuration file
without a corresponding menu option, and documented in the manual? I think
the menu option would be somewhat better, but if the latter is
inadvisable... I agree that the menus shouldn't be cluttered with all sorts
of esoteric options, but we only have three options in the voice menu now, I
think. The spelling only when files are set to spelling isn't a bad idea,
but I can see where people might get confused about it if they forgot that
the file options control some directory options too. Of course, the perfect
and most satisfactory option would be some sort of spell key, but I know
that may not be on the drawing board yet.
        Thanks as always.
        Aman

> However, it would be even better if the directories
> that have no .dirname.mp3, instead of being spoken as numbers, were to be
> spelled.

Hmm, isn't that kindof annoying to "regular" talkbox users? I thought this
is too lenghy to be a reasonable fallback.
I'm not too fond of adding another option to specify the desired fallback
(silence, number, spell).
Maybe spell here only if the files have been set to spelling, too? But this
would also contribute to confusion. Hmm, any ideas?

Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/info