Subject: RE: Fall back method for directories with no .dirname.mp3

RE: Fall back method for directories with no .dirname.mp3

From: Aman Singer <aman_at_asinger.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 04:53:11 -0400

Hi.
        Andreas said
        As the buttons are very rare on this tiny device, I suggest a
hover-like
solution for the spelling: play the .dirname.tbx or the number after 0.5
seconds of hovering over an directory entry, start spelling if the user is
hovering for additional 2 seconds.

        While this idea is an excellent one if we're running out of buttons,
I have to ask if we are. It seems that Rockbox can handle button
combinations (on+play, for example). Why can't we do, for example,
menu+left, f2+right, or something similar to get spelling initiated, rather
than using the hover method? Personally, I'd only go after the hover method
if we couldn't have it done any other way, as I can't find any reference to
many two or three button combinations.
        Aman