Subject: Re: DirectShow filter GUI
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-04-09

BTW, I have updated my DirectShow filter in my webspace.
It now should be free of memory leaks, and deliver all the data, nothing
left stuck in the internal queues. Plus it behaves as expected when stopped. The
other issues are left to be done.

> Alright, I have what I like to call a "it might work if you're lucky"
> version out.

I wasn't so lucky, it crashed with a protection fault when adding the job to
the list. But anyway, I'm confident it will be fine.

> I chickened out in the audio...all I did was add a LAME filter to every
> single conversion. If it's already mp3 audio it just bypasses it. Not
> the most efficient, but I was out of ways to tell otherwise.
> Unfortunately, this means you have to download and install both the RvfMux
> and LAME filters...even if you're positive the audio is already
> MP3...sorry.

I think this approach is perfectly OK. Probably you populate the graph with
the source, Lame and my filter, then render the souce output. Lame may end up
in the chain, but not necessarily. If no Lame is present in the system, you
may gracefully skip adding it and blame it on the user.

Thanks,
Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL