Subject: Re: DirectShow filter GUI
From: John Wunder (
Date: 2004-04-09

> I wasn't so lucky, it crashed with a protection fault when adding the
> job to
> the list. But anyway, I'm confident it will be fine. fault...stupid mistake. If you click the delete button when
there aren't any items in the list it tries to remove items that don't
exist, which is never a good idea. It shouldn't have happened when you
add something though, only when you delete or update jobs that aren't

> I think this approach is perfectly OK. Probably you populate the graph
> with
> the source, Lame and my filter, then render the souce output. Lame may
> end up
> in the chain, but not necessarily. If no Lame is present in the system,
> you
> may gracefully skip adding it and blame it on the user.

Yep, that's how it works. The fun thing is that if I let it run with LAME
not added and the file has PCM plays the sound through the
WAV renderer: the speakers. On a positive note, WMV files might work now.
They render, but like I said, I can't test them.

If you have the old version, definitly download this one.