Subject: Re: Grayscale framework & demo plugin (patch #931098)
From: Jens Arnold (arnold-j_at_t-online.de)
Date: 2004-04-10

>> I have posted a plugin to the patch tracker that contains a
>> grayscale framework primary useful to incorporate grayscale
>> display capabilities into other plugins. This could be games,
>> image viewers or whatever else you could imagine.

> Very nice!

> Probably suggesting the obvious: - For speedup, I guess you
> can use a way simpler randomization, maybe just some mixup of

I have uploaded a further improved version of the grayscale
framework, which uses a simple but very fast pseudo-random nuber
generator.

It has the following improvements:

- core pixel setting routine another 14% faster (by using the
  mentioned pseudo-random generator)
- core pixel inverting routine optimized
- smaller code size

Regards, Jens