Subject: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-04-10

Most of the people voted in favour of a different extension for the talkbox
directory clip, so it doesn't interfere with whatever mp3 file handling you
may be doing. I have now renamed it to ".dirname.tbx" instead of
Whenever you as a talkbox user upgrade to the current build, you will have
to follow this. Either by mass-renaming the files, or by re-generating them
with an updated script. I don't know if and how Windows can bulk rename files
recursively (suggestions welcome), but it least you can delete them all:
Use the Explorer to search the Archos drive for ".dirname.mp3", then select
all results with Ctrl-A and delete them with Shift-Del.
Linux has certainly ways to rename them recursively, but I'm no console
warrior. Again, suggestions are welcome.

I have updated my mirror of Brian's talkbox generation script:
If you use another one, it should be no problem to change the extension with
a text editor.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: